Sunday, March 26, 2006

brand new leopard-skin pill-box hat

The main feature of this weekend seems to be aspirin.

I took three and went to Bromley dancing last night. I'm not sure if it was the clammy headcold or just revisiting the place after a good 18 months away; but I felt more than usually detached from the clientelle. Mainly I think it's the worrying tendency towards the wearing of leopard-skin print, which I have never really seen at other venues. Since I've been away the cuban heel seems to be making inroads, too. I have nothing at all against muscular flamenco dancers in high-waisted trousers and cuban heels, but on the middle-aged South Londoner the effect is not quite so alluring. Still, I had a dance or three before I decided that the sweats were more to do with fever than a lack of air conditioning and came home to my bed.

Today I am a mass of fuzzy confusion admidst clocks changing and the ill-advised midnight neckage of Night Nurse.
|