Tuesday, April 04, 2006

gate of the day


red wooden gate
Originally uploaded by etcher67.
I am on holiday. To be honest, it's a bit of a struggle. Much as I might moan about working and spend an awful lot of time staring out of the window wishing to be anywhere else than right there right then, the structure of work holds me together at times. It takes me at least a week to get used to being on holiday and the idea that doing nothing is acceptable behaviour. I blame years of conditioning and parents that ring and say 'have you achieved anything today?'. (Oops, there goes the resolution not to moan about personal stuff on this journal.)

So; one comes up with bizarre projects like photographing closed gates on the estate to keep oneself from going mad.

Today's gate is red. See the red gate. The gate is good.
|