Tuesday, June 27, 2006

top that.


Originally uploaded by etcher67.
I have tried and tried to write about this - the meetings, the emails, the manipulation, the costs, the schedules. The letters written and unwritten, the plans and prizes and worry and excitement. The wonderful fun of working with friends who make amazing things seem possible, and the frustration of those without that vision.

The blind panic of it so nearly not happening. Nine months of planning almost abandoned because of a twelve-foot gate. Sitting in the twilight and laughing because what else were we to do in such a ridiculous and awful situation.

On Monday morning it rained, and I stood in the carpark looking at the above view and cried, while a colleague of mine looked at me as though I were mad. She may well be right, but I feel sorry for her that she couldn't feel it.
|