Sunday, November 12, 2006

simple pleasures (6)

A glass of wine makes everything more civilised, everyone slightly more relaxed. I prefer my wine white and very cold in the summer, red and reasonably light in the winter.

I used to drink a lot of wine. There was a time when drinking a bottle or more a night was not unusual, and I was still able to get out of bed in the morning and go to work*. Nowadays I rarely drink more than a glass a night, and have a hangover if I have more than two. I am informed by my Mother that this is a result of my advancing years, but when I mentioned it to Little Friend Susan the other day her retort was 'Well, obviously you need more practise'. Perhaps she is right.

* frequently in an exceptionally bad mood, though admittedly this had little to do with wine.

Labels: ,

|