Friday, June 29, 2007

'long as I can be with you, it's a lovely day


st anne's soho
Originally uploaded by etcher67
I'll admit that I'm a little tired of the constant downpours. I even succumbed and bought an umbrella today, which for an ex art school Totnesian hippy is wrong; very, very wrong. Perhaps it's final confirmation that I'm no longer a country girl. (I think I'll always be a country girl.)

Between the rain however, I have been enjoying the sky. Have you looked up at it lately? Recently the clouds have been amazing. I am particularly fond of the fair weather cumulus clouds which queue across the sky like lorries waiting for the Woolwich ferry. Apparently they often develop into storm clouds. Not a great surprise to anyone right now, I imagine. I like the mackerel skies, too. Mackerel sky: never long wet, never long dry. Sounds about right, doesn't it?

I might buy some wellies.

Labels:

|